2/17/2008

Does 42 Feel Different?

Hmmm....42, 42. I have to keep saying it over and over to get used to it. Oh, I know it's just a number, but it's kind of a middle aged number. I certainly don't ~feel~ 42. And why do we say "I don't feel "? What is it supposed to ~feel~ like? Of course, when my mom was 42, that was ooold! I remember when she was 37 and thinking THAT was old. So even though it is technically a middle-aged age, I think I should be exempt from that term seeing as how I just had a baby.
I must admit, I am far happier than I have ever been in my entire life. THAT is something that only comes with age, and lots of prayer. So much has changed in 20 years. Husband, kids, mortgage, house, cars, career...it's all so, well....grown-up. Sounds silly, but I don't feel like a grown-up most of the time. It must be the kids. It gives me an excuse to be silly, tickle, go sledding, play with toy trains, put a cape on and pretend to be a super hero, etc. Those poor 40 year old adults with no kids....
Life for them must be very serious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

From ~

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin