Lydia's Tunic and Pants

I finally finished the tunic and pants for Lydia that match the ones I made for her baby sister. I had difficulty getting the pattern adjusted to the width of the fabric, and in hindsight I wish I had altered the front to be just a tad shorter. I didn't think at 5 years old she would want to wear bloomers, so I made her capri pants, and added the ruffle at the bottom with the co-ordinating fabric. It was my first attempt at a ruffle, and I had no pattern or instructions. After I got the first one done...and it took a lot longer than it should have...the second one was a little easier. All in all, I'm happy with the end result. I do, however, hate topstiching around close corners...yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

From ~


Blog Widget by LinkWithin