9/02/2008

Summer's End

We had the perfect end of summer weekend. We took the kids out to Aunt Julie and Uncle Bills. We swam, barbequed, and on Sunday night had a big bonfire. Bill taught the kids how to make bonfire pizzas...I had my doubts, but they were really good. We set up tents in what Bill refers to as "the back 40" (it is quite a distance from the house), and everyone slept under the stars (except us nursing mamas and babies). It's so peaceful and quiet out in the country, and I'm always sad when it's time to leave. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful friend in my sister in law. The four of us always have so much fun, and are never at a loss for things to talk about. It reminds me of the relationship (or my perception of it anyway) between my parents, and my Aunt Peg and Uncle Joe. When they were together, there was always lots of laughter...I hope our kids remember us that way too. I'm pretty sure they will...Peter and Noah do an awful lot of eye rolling at us which is a sure sign that we're all a little too silly for them.




No comments:

Post a Comment

From ~

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin