8/11/2009

Oliver Has a Bad Dream



Oliver was awake for over an hour in the middle of the night over a bad dream. When I asked him about it this morning, he said that he was alone in the woods, and that he heard a loud noise that was St. Michael. He spoke about it on and off all day, and kept questioning why St. Michael would make such a loud noise. At one point he asked me, "Does St. Michael kill the devil before he casts him into hell?"

Out of the mouths of babes! Ultimately, he told me he wasn't so much scared as he was startled by the noise. When I asked why he thought it was St. Michael, he didn't know why...just knew it was. I explained that he was there as a protector, and that if he sees him again, to say hi, and ask him to be more quiet.

After all that, I thought for sure he may have a hard time going to sleep tonight. He didn't want to seem to be alone in his room after his shower, and made me close his closet door. We had a long snuggle, and I left, but he asked me to leave the light on which we haven't had to do in over a month.

Goodnight my sweet boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

From ~

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin