10/21/2009

I Want a Pair Too!

Oh I poured over sketches, and cut out bits and pieces of paper in an attempt to make elf shoes to go with Linus' halloween costume, but just couldn't get it right. Who to turn to? Google, of course, and in doing so found this pattern at about.com. The directions were vague, and a little wonky to say the least, so I just used the pattern pieces and made my own adjustments. I didn't have any felt in the right color, so in an effort to be frugal used what I had; some scraps of green flannel, recycled denim for the bottom, and the last bit of brown striped ribbon that matches the ribbon on his elf hat.
I love them! They're far from perfect, but a couple more pairs, and I'll have the process down to a science. I think they'll be making an appearance on Etsy. One may think "aside from Halloween, what would the need be for elf shoes", but I've seen some pretty strange things flying off the "shelves" on Etsy...anytime of year.




Here is a picture of his hat which I don't think he'll keep on...we've been practicing, and have only made it about 20 seconds so far.

1 comment:

From ~

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin