6/26/2008

The Fruits of My Labor




My green thumb has been busy this season. In the 5 years I've been in my house, I had not planted so much as a daisy...until this year. I've got a few little flower gardens, some hanging pots, and a couple of planters on my front porch. All that I've done before, but never a vegetable garden. In a previous post you'll see the before pictures. Here are a few "now" pictures.
I'm sure all you horticulturists (sp?) are screaming that I've planted my tomatoes too close together, and you're correct. Live and learn...but look at those little beauties that will soon be ripe for the picking!!! I also have carrots, basil, cilantro, onions, hot peppers...hmmm. I think that's it in the edible department. Next year I'm going to double the size, plant a little earlier, and hopefully start a few in the house in the very early spring.

On the sewing scene, my latest is this little number for Linus. I love to re-purpose men's shirts, and I just may have to do a tutorial. This one, I made shorts rather than bloomers, and I off-set the center of the shirt to get the whole pocet on the front. The pattern needs a little tweaking in the neck area, but aside from that...I love it.

1 comment:

  1. What a great garden. Lots of variety to enjoy.

    Cute little outfit too. What an adorable set.

    ReplyDelete

From ~

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin