I've Been Neglectful

I don't think I've gone this long without posting since I've started blogging. I have been busy giving extra time and attention to a new client at work, and our router at home went cauput. I could have stood in the basement at the ironing table and used the internet, but I stay away from the ironing board as much as possible.
I miss Noah....yesterday was his 11th birthday. I spoke to him a couple of times, but it's not the same. I think he's been away from me on his birthday for the last several years. Such is life when you have a blended family.
Probably TMI, but I have a breast infection...yes...breast. I've never had one before, and hope this is the last. I'm on an antibiotic, and will have to see the Dr. tomorrow if I don't see an improvement. Not to whine, but it's painful, and makes the rest of my body feel fluish.
Aside from work, we've been enjoying the weather. We went to my mother in laws for the 4th of July weekend, and got to relax a bit. Steven and I actually went on a date which was a treat to say the least. We had a stroll around Marshall, in and out of a few antique stores, dinner alone, and a drive around town looking at all the houses we love. On Saturday we headed to Turkeyville to hit the flea market. I LOVE flea markets, and don't get to them often enough. My finds were precious but few. I got an antique pillowcase with lovely embroidery that will make for a wonderful dress to put in my shop. I found a linen tablecloth that's embroidered with a spiderweb. It's interesting, and I'm not yet sure what I'm going to do with it. My favorite find of the day was the 3 garden ornaments that I found. I had been eyeing something similar in Meijer, but couldn't bring myself to spend $12.99 on a bird on a stick. Well these were 3 for $5, so I couldn't pass them up.
I'm looking forward to Wednesday when Noah comes home, and my mom and sister come to visit for a long weekend. I took Thursday and Friday off to spend some much needed time with all of them, and I pray the weather holds out so we can do some out-doorsey activities. More later.


  1. Jill - yuck! I had mastitis twice when I was nursing my son. You're right - it hurts, and it is NO fun to feel fluish and try to take care of a family! Last time I had it, I had my daughter go stay with my parents for several days so I could just hang out and nurse and sleep until I felt better. It was rough.

  2. Thanks Em. Surprisingly, I'm feeling pretty good today. The pain has subsided for the most part, as well as the redness and swelling. I can't believe how quickly the anti-biotic worked!


From ~


Blog Widget by LinkWithin