8/22/2008

My Baby is 1



I hate to be cliche, but where does the time go? Last night I was sitting up in bed reading, Linus asleep beside me, and I just happen to glance at the clock. It was 10:10pm. Exactly the time last year on the 21st that my water broke. Steven was in with Noah and Peter saying prayers, and I was sitting up in bed nursing Oliver to sleep when....gush! My first thought was "oh, I don't want to wake Oliver", but it was a done deal...I HAD to get up or ruin my mattress.
Surrounded by the kids, Steven, and my doula Stephanie, Linus arrived the following day at 5:30pm. It was a wonderful experience, and a birth story that I look forward to telling him every year.
We're out at my mother in laws today. Peter and Noah went fishing, Steven and Oliver went to Kids N Stuff, and I'm enjoying this moment of peace to reflect. What a year! I wouldn't have changed one second of it.
Happy birthday Linus...you are my little love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

From ~

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin