10/14/2008

Our 5th Wedding Anniversary



I can't believe it's been 5 years. Yet in some ways, I can't believe it's only been 5 years. I thought for the occassion, I'd share a bit of our story.
Steven and I met online ~ yes a match made in cyberland ~ actually on Ave Maria Singles. I had been a member for some time, had a pretty serious relationship with someone else that I met on the site, but changed my membership to inactive when we broke-up. 6 months later, I visited the site just to scan new members. Steven's profile was the first to come up in my search. He was younger, and lived too far away to date, but we seemed to have so much in common, I thought it would be fun to correspond. On Friday I changed my membership status to active,(required in order to contact any member), and planned on sending a note over the weekend. When I logged on to do just that, there was a message waiting for me from him. Evidently after I changed my status, my profile came up in his search, and he too thought we had a lot in common. After a week of emails we switched to phone calls....very long phone calls. 6 weeks later, on Valentines Day, we met for the first time. On June 15th (I think) we were engaged, and on October 11th married.
Our wedding was beautiful. We had a Solemn High Mass in the Tridentine Rite presided over by my dear friend Fr. Bovee. The reception was a simple dinner attended by lots of family and friends. Noah's teacher gave us the best gift....she brought Bionicles for the boys to assemble during the reception. They look so little...Noah and Peter, not the Bionicle.



Now, 5 years and 6 children later(2 were miscarriages, and of course, Peter came with Steven) ...here we are! We knew that there would be challenges, and boy was that first year a doozie (sp?). Now ~ we have the ups and downs that any loving family has, and we roll with the punches. I love Steven more and more every day, and our children are blessings beyond belief. Noah and Peter had a great deal of adjusting to do, but have grown to be fabulous friends and loving brothers.

I can't wait to see what God has planned for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

From ~

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin